Who Am I?

My photo
Daniel Lewis. Ordinary name, not such an ordinary bloke. I'm from Llanelli, and I've lived in Bath, Cardiff and have now settled in Devon and soon to be Somerset. I graduated with an honours degree in Accounting and Finance from Aberystwyth University. I played 3 years for Tarannau Aberystwyth American Football Team and now play for Somerset Wyverns (#57 and now #27). I am the defensive coordinator for Exeter Demons. I enjoy my life to the best of my ability, through family, friends and sport. I'm one of those cases of don't judge a book by its cover. I love to hit and do all the macho things you can dream of, but I'm also a domesticated professional, who loves to cook and read books. I'm a bit of a strange one, from my sense of humour to the title of this blog, as one of the rare few linebackers that can count.

Friday 28 December 2012

Ufford Is Not Far Wrong

Here is a quote from one of my favourite weekly blogs, the sex and fantasy football mailbag from KSK. It is written by a guy called Matt Ufford who is by his own words on his twitter bio "SB Nation talking head, writer, Marine veteran, dog owner, occasional CrossFitter. Will bark like a seal for good whiskey." Sounds like a pretty stand up guy to me, and judging by his written work you'd most likely agree.

Anyways, here is a quote from his answer all blog. Considering my recent circumstances, it rings a bell for me. He's not far wrong, and I must be fairly accurate for the road to recovery.

MY SIGNIFICANT BROKE UP WITH ME. I’M DEVASTATED. WHAT DO I DO?

Go ahead and feel sorry for yourself for a little while. Take two to four weeks to drink more than you should and listen to every sad song that you own. Break out photos of her for masturbation sessions that end in tears instead of orgasm. Be a miserable bore to your friends, who want to support you and hang out with you, but not if you’re just going to mope all night.
There. You got to wallow in your misery. Now it’s time to move on with your life. Let’s go to some numbered steps.

1. Realise that you shouldn’t want to be with someone who doesn’t love you.

“But what about all the hot sex and funny banter we had?” you ask. SHE STOPPED ENJOYING IT. SHE DOES NOT WANT YOU. It’s stupid and selfish to want to be with someone who doesn’t want you.

2. Break off all contact.

Don’t do that “let’s be friends” bullshit. Your ex-girlfriend wants to be your friend for two reasons: (1) so she can continue to receive attention from you, and (2) so she doesn’t have to feel so bad about rejecting you. Fuck that noise, let her feel bad. If she’s keeping you on the emotional hook by remaining in contact with you, ask her to stop because you want to focus on moving on with your life. From then on out, no contact. I SAID NO CONTACT. Block her on Gchat. Hide her Facebook timeline from your feed. No email, no texting, no anything. Pretend she’s dead. So sad she died, right? Oh well, better get a move on with your life.

3. Begin self-improvement.

Don’t worry about dating or rebound sex. (If you’re comfortable with it, go right ahead, but understand that re-entering the dating world can be a depressing experience after the emotional/sexual cocoon of a relationship.) Take your sadness and anger and your newfound free time and funnel it towards self-improvement. Start a new workout regimen. Sign up for cooking or bartending or wine-tasting classes. Throw yourself into your job. Volunteer for a children’s program or animal shelter. Out of the pyre of your failed relationship will emerge a stronger, more knowledgeable, and more caring person with new circles of friends from your new activities. YOU ARE A MAGNIFICENT PHOENIX.

In time, the more fit and more interesting person you become will also be naturally more confident, and you’ll end up dating women who are better looking and smarter than the stupid bitch who broke up with you in the first place.

Not only is living well the best revenge, it’s also living well, which, y’now, is kinda the whole point of life. And almost as nice as REVENGE!
 
Now I'm not saying its perfect, but its pretty damn good. Though I am currently heading into my 5th week of drinking more than I usually would. I'm sure I'll be fine.
Not the most informative return to blogging, but its a start. You should all read more KSK too.

Enjoy your new years, opinions more than welcome in the comments.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment